Guns confiscated at the end of the Magoeba War in 1892 were melted into one mass and put on display.
Library Gardens, Cnr. Grobler & Schoeman Street
The monument marks the country's first gold crushing site and gold power plant in the country.
18km from the city on R101 South to Mokopane. Take the exit marked Eersteling Monument and drive another 5km.
Concentration Camp Cemetery
The cemetery houses the graves of the victims of a nearby Anglo-Boer War concentration camp.
Kobalt Street, Nirvana
A Victorian building was prefabricated and moved to the city by German immigrant in 1906. The building was restored to its former glory in 1986 and converted into the Polokwane Museum to display the diverse cultural heritage of the city and the Limpopo province.
Cnr. Thabo Mbeki & Market Street
+27 (0)15 290 2182
The elegant gazebo in the Civic Square was built in 1924. The building was once the home of coach magnate, Doel Zeederberg, who established the first passenger stage-coach service between Pietersburg (now Polokwane) and Bulawayo (in Zimbabwe, then Rhodesia) in 1894. It is a reminder of an era of huge progress and the route was significant in attracting people to the region.
Cnr. Landdros Mare & Bodenstein Street
Roman Catholic Church
The Roman Catholic Church in the heart of the city was built in 1934. Although it is a relatively contemporary building, it is considered one of the cityâ€™s finest pieces of architecture. Still the home of the large catholic congregation in Polokwane, this is a grandiose monument.
54 Biccard Street